Join the team that is part of an American Tradition! Ruger Firearms is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. We are in search of a Project Coordinator to work with our Associate Services Administrative Team in any one of our locations across the country. Choice of locations include Newport, NH, Mayodan, NC and Prescott, AZ. We are looking for a dedicated individual who would like to join our team of associates working with our Administrative Leadership coordinating Hoshin initiatives and managing related projects. Our associates have the opportunity to receive benefits that include a 401k contribution, quarterly profit sharing*, medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, short term and long term disability coverage. The right candidate must possess a positive attitude and a strong ability to work with others to further the Company’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork.
This role requires exceptional project management skills, and experience gathering business requirements for supporting information systems such as Workday and Oracle. The Workday primary responsibilities will include functional knowledge of the system, while any Oracle responsibilities will involve primarily project coordination. The successful candidate must be resourceful, work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively work independently with minimal direction. The candidate must have experience managing multiple priorities concurrently and lead with a customer service mindset. The role requires exercise of discretion and independent judgement in evaluation and execution of project coordination. The ideal candidate is expected to work collaboratively with leadership, associates, and internal IT teams while promoting a positive work environment.
- Support the Associate Services Administrative Team in the development and implementation of “must do can’t fail” Hoshin initiatives and other critical projects as required.
- Demonstrate understanding of system design and functionality by being able to identify/evaluate potential issues and propose creative solutions and alternatives.
- Utilizes available resources as an initial step for problem solving, i.e. Workday Community.
- Facilitate Tier 1 process configuration changes.
- Has Tier 1 Report Writing capabilities.
- Serve as a liaison with the Workday support provider, ensuring business requirements are documented and updated properly for current projects.
- Respond to business requirement questions and basic navigation within the application.
- Facilitate discussion and gather requirements from end users and translate to functional specifications.
- Document business requirements using textual presentation and modeling tools to ensure understanding.
- Utilize strong root-cause analysis skills leading to facilitation of workable solutions.
- Work with the various business stakeholders and Workday module owners in the support and maintenance of Workday.
- Drive all projects through to completion.
- Plan and manage team goals, project schedules and new information.
- Effectively communicate project status updates, scheduling and risk assessments to the management team.
- Communicate within the team to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Initiate increased usage of the Workday system (communications, SOPs)
- Create comprehensive action plans concerning resources, budgets and timeframes for projects.
- Serve as an Oracle Project Coordinator, as needed.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be of high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times. Other requirements and considerations include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly organized and problem-solver.
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong business user facilitation skills.
- Attention to details even under pressure.
- Independently and effectively manages time using common-sense priority setting.
- Experience in writing business requirements and documenting business processes.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills to support independent and effective decision based on customer input and research.
- Experience working with Workday HCM and Workday Community
- Experience with scenario testing and results.
Must be able to successfully pass a drug and background screen.
Applications will be reviewed as received. If we have further interest, we will reach out to you directly. Thank you, for your interest in Ruger Firearms.
*Quarterly profit sharing for associates is based on the Company’s profits earned for the quarter. Visit our website at Ruger.com/investor relations to view earnings statements.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.