The primary function of the Facility Maintenance Technician is to work one-on-one with plant personnel and contractors to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance on the facility and equipment at our Mayodan, NC operation. The work is to be completed in a safe and efficient method to ensure minimal production downtime and adherence to environmental and safety guidelines. The successful candidate must have 5 years proven experience in manufacturing facility maintenance. That includes the use of hand and power tools, along with interpreting blueprints, drawings and schematics, knowledge of codes and regulations needed perform assigned responsibilities. The basic job requirements included, but are not limited to the following.
- Develop and use procedures and work instructions which will include diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications which will be used for predicting, troubleshooting, preventing and repairing malfunctions.
- Installation and set-up new and used manufacturing, facility and CNC equipment.
- Read and interpret blue-prints, electrical schematics and hydraulic diagrams.
- Understand the application of technical documents such as machine/equipment manuals and safety documentation.
- Understand the use and application of NC State building codes.
- Diagnose and repair pneumatics and hydraulics systems.
- Problem solving with excellent skills and knowledge of both mechanical and electrical systems.
- Diagnoses root cause of issues and/or failures and complete repairs on a variety of production, facility equipment and processes.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC, Plumbing, Air Compressor and other building systems.
- Ability to safely use, and maintain fabrication equipment, welding and cutting tools.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting safety devices.
- Must be available for overtime, different shifts and on call duties as needed to maintain production.
- Understand, Observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations, including but not limited to lockout/tag out, arc flash, wearing proper safety equipment; safety glasses, hearing protection, leather work shoes/boot, cotton clothing, etc.
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Contribute across multiple trades as needed to support the success of the business.
- Basic understanding of OSHA, NFPA, EPA and other safety and environmental regulations.
- Understanding of basic machining principles.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Capable of standing and walking up to 100% of work time; pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Capable of working from ladders and aerial lifts.
It is considered a plus if the candidate has:
- The ability to use and maintain rigging and material handling equipment.
- The ability to read and understand electrical schematics, ladder logic and knowledge of PLC's is.
- The ability to understand relay logic.
- Experience with manufacturing electrical.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred.
- Previous electrical\mechanical\maintenance experience required (min. 2 years).
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.