Our team needs a CNC Machine Technician that would be responsible for supporting and maintaining manufacturing and assembly processes to facilitate the flow of operations in the production of firearm components and firearms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct support to production team in a fast-paced environment through the measurement of parts and the adjustment of precision CNC machines.
- Maintain current manufacturing processes and standards, troubleshoot issues as they arise and drive to root cause, and identify improvement areas within the process
- Work hand-in-hand with the manufacturing engineer to make changes and improvements to ensure the safety, quality, production, and cost goals are being met
- Monitor tooling and conduct tooling tests with outside suppliers and manufacturing engineer
- Perform quality audits using standard inspection equipment to ensure parts meet print specifications
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years machine shop experience
- Understanding of component machining using CNC machining centers (mill and lathes) and component inspection using metrology equipment to control extremely tight tolerances (CMM, in-line gaging, surface plate, air gaging, etc.)
- Understanding of CNC programming for both milling and turning, G-Code and M-Code, machine tool setup and integration, tooling, macro-programming, fixture and gage design
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (experience with GD&T would be preferred)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with Lean production systems
- Works well in a team environment and has a servant leader mentality
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.