The primary function of the Machine Maintenance Technician is to work one-on-one with plant personnel and contractors to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance on manufacturing machinery and equipment at our Newport, NH operation. The work is to be completed in a safe and efficient method to ensure minimal production downtime and adherence to environmental and safety guidelines. The successful candidate must have 2 years proven experience in manufacturing maintenance. That includes the use of hand and power tools, interpreting blueprints, drawings and schematics, knowledge of codes and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use procedures and work instructions which will include diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications which will be used for predicting, troubleshooting, preventing and repairing malfunctions.
- Ensure the performance and operation of equipment by completing predictive and preventive maintenance on CNC and other production machines.
- Install and set-up new and used manufacturing and CNC equipment.
- Read and interpret blue-prints, electrical schematics, pneumatic and hydraulic diagrams.
- Diagnose and repair pneumatics, hydraulics, lubricating and electrical systems.
- Understand the application of technical documents such as machine/equipment manuals and safety documentation.
- Diagnose issues and perform service on CNC equipment such as HAAS, Fanuc, Okuma, Doosan, etc.
- Must have experience with PLC’s and Embedded Controls.
- Understand the use and maintenance of CNC controls such as FANUC, Siemens, Achromatic, Mazatrol, etc., including ladder logic.
- Understand automatic tool changers, ball screw & axis support bearing replacement, machine alignment and spindle cartridge replacement.
- Problem solving with excellent skills and knowledge of both mechanical and electrical areas of repair of CNC machine tools.
- Diagnoses root cause of problems and/or failures and complete repairs on a variety of production and facility equipment, including CNC equipment.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting A/C and D/C motors and drives.
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Basic understanding of OSHA and machine/personal safety.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.