CMM Programmers provide support to production departments by way of inspecting machined or purchased firearms parts as well as supporting the calibration of in-line gages, jigs and fixtures used within the firearms manufacturing/assembly process.
Essential Job Functions
- Create CMM programs for inline inspection as well as full layout
- Perform roving complete inspection of machined parts
- Perform first article/PPAP inspections for vendor supplied parts
- Perform gage layout to support calibration
- Perform gage R&R studies on new and existing gauges
- Assist with gage certification and approval
- Quarantine and seek management disposition of material not meeting design intent resulting from improper calibrations and or wear found within the production processes.
- Develop standard job instructions and train quality technicians on gaging techniques and measurements
- Assist engineering with inspection needs
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Communication proficiency with all levels of the organization
- Organizational and problem solving/analysis skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Oracle, Minitab, Gage Management Software, Modus
- Ability to gather and analyze measurement data and report to management
- Must demonstrate technical capacity, thoroughness, and good time management skills
- Must be capable of working independently with little supervision
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or Diploma from a two year technical, military or trade school At least 3 years of on the job experience in CMM programming using Modus. Strong computer skills Advanced use of standard measurement equipment such as height stands, calipers, micrometers, comparators Strong understanding of mathematical and numerical concepts Advanced knowledge of general metrology instruments and methods Understand the principles of measurement standards and the importance of traceability Moderate to advanced blue print knowledge Moderate to advanced understanding of Geometric Dimensional Tolerance Moderate to advanced knowledge of CAD modeling
Preferred Education and Experience
Training through the ASQ for Certified Calibration Technicians 3-5 years of quality inspection experience Two-year technical degree or equivalent job experience. Moderate knowledge of CNC machining
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.