Posted 1 month ago
Fountain Valley, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, laser engraver, Honing Machines, OD/ID grinder, ability to program CNC machines is preferred.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, and specifications.
- Programs OD/ID grinders by entering instructions, offsets, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude; cooperate with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, as applicable. Report any incidents of harassment to your Supervisor, Manager or Human Resources Manager.
- Work safely at all times and report any unsafe conditions or injuries to your Supervisor or Manager immediately.
- Other duties, as assigned by your Supervisor or Manager.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situation.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
- Written/Oral Communication: Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Participates in meetings.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner. Stives to increase productivity. Works quickly.
- Adaptability: Adapts to change in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach tor method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy. Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Promotes a harassment free environment.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works ethically and with integrity. Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read and understand complex blueprints.
- High school diploma or GED and up to four (4) years’ work experience.
- Ability to communicate simple facts with courtesy and clarity.
- Ability to utilize geometry to solve machinery (i.e., engineering) problems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be proficient in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Additional physical demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- In this position you will be exposed to the following environment conditions:
- Wet of humid conditions (non-weather).
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
Share this job