Performs highly repetitive types of cycle machine operations associated with quantity production of identical units. Handles day to day maintenance of machines. May perform one or more of the following:
- Performs routine semi-skilled work on a variety of machines including but not limited to; Bead Blast and Tumbler Debur, CNC, EDM, Laser Engraver, OD Grinder, Coating Machine.
- Starts and stops the machine, and watches for imperfect operation. Runs more than one machine at a time to avoid large quantities of bad parts to catch broken tooling.
- Speeds, feeds and tooling are ordinarily prescribed. In case of trouble, problems are called to the attention of a Lead person or a supervisor to explain what happened and then train the individual to avoid problem form happening in the future.
- Maintains the machine tools coolant, and maintains coolant level and concentricity by looking at tools and oil and using the equipment to see it to run good parts to avoid costly repair due to negligence.
- Identify slight fluctuations and communicate to Team Lead any problems with materials or assembly procedures that may affect the production quality or production flow by visually or mechanically inspecting parts prior to or during assembly or production process.
- Cleans and maintains the machine tools and peripheral equipment, including filters, collets, chip conveyors, oil skimmers, and the shop floor itself by using the cleaning equipment to maintain and organize a safe working environment.
- Perform work to current standardized work and look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Follow safe work practices at all times including the maintaining and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain work area by the use of 5S Principles (Sort, Sweep, Straighten, Sanitize “Clean”, Sustain).
- If forklift certified, may handle and store the raw and scrap materials, using a forklift for safety and insurance purposes.
- Must be flexible to change in job functions and willing to be cross trained.
- Support team members and problem solving small group activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints to layout, assemble / fabricate a plus.
- Familiar with ISO and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Proven ability in producing high quality products.
- Experience with machinery a plus.
- Proven mechanical ability.
- Comfortable working in a highly regulated environment.
- Firearms experience a plus.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required
- High school diploma or GED, and a minimum of one to five years work experience.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.