Performs senior level clerical accounting work for Taurus Holdings, Inc. Receives and verifies invoices and requisitions for goods and services. Maintains the general ledger by verifying and posting account transactions. Work is performed under limited supervision with considerable latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment. Position relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach by using and interpreting policies and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Prepares invoices for data entry, creates manual checks when required; prepares weekly check runs, and records all checks
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos
- Prints and reviews daily receiving batches; verifies quantities received against the purchase orders
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation
- Maintains historical records by electronically generating and filing documents
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Attaches quality control reports for all inventory receipts; matches purchasing receipts to invoices and enters data
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks
- Meets with the Purchasing, Materials, and Quality Control departments to resolve issues with quantities received and/or rejected
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and corporate accounts payable files
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation
- Reviews mail received on daily basis
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by three (3) or more years’ clerical accounting experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Skilled in the use of accounting software (i.e. Great Plains)
- Skilled in organization and analyzing information
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to solve problems
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees and outside vendors
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments within the department
- Ability to provide service in a courteous, prompt, and efficient manner
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to organize work for timely completion
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to have an attention to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to see all processes through to completion
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation and extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
Some tasks require manual dexterity, in addition to visual and hearing acuity. Some tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Taurus Holdings, Inc. and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Taurus Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Taurus Holdings, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.