Supply Chain Analyst / Material Planner
Posted 2 years ago
Supply Chain Analyst / Material Planner
- Continue to develop current path for demand/operational forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Assist in development of build plans by product line to establish and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Lead and assist materials team on more efficient managing of materials with correct lead times, coverage profiles, safety stock etc.
- Provide input to the supply planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Review and assess risk to supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate risk
- Responsible for executing tactical components of monthly current S&OP processes.
- Creates, monitors, and maintains S&OP metrics and key performance indicators, identifying resulting risks and opportunities
- Enhance current process of analysisl tools and reporting to support the entire S&OP process
Production Scheduling & Capacity Planning
- Work with Material Planners and Operations when fluctuations in customer demands require adjustments to ensure schedules are maintained and desired inventory levels are met
- Monitor changes in customer requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure production schedules and plans are adequate
- Optimize system planning parameters to drive accurate production requirements (routing times, lot sizing, rounding values, etc.)
- Track and publish performance on key metrics including Schedule Attainment, overall and detailed tracking,
- Monitor inventory levels and turns. Implement processes to improve inventory levels.
- Analyze and keep management apprised of potential schedule variances or problems by tracking, reviewing and evaluating plans, schedules and/or budgets for inaccuracies or inconsistencies
- Interfaces with internal business partners (Operations, Purchasing, Finance, QA) to collect data for preparation of schedules and reports as well as providing status reports to internal and external customers
- Review and update priority order status to report out to Customer Service and Business Development
- Consult with appropriate internal departments to determine viability of the change request and if additional cost should be assessed for change
- Make all necessary changes in Systems, Applications, Processes (ERP/SAP) system to ensure sales order changes are completed, scheduled to meet customer delivery requirements and correctly shipped and invoiced
- Expedite critical sales order changes through process to ensure visibility through supply chain
- Present daily and weekly summary of key information to management
- Support the Materials/Purchasing team to ensure an effective and efficient flow of material to meet production needs.
- Approve Drawing Change Requests, communicate any potential Revision Level issues to the Purchasing team, and provide guidance on the appropriate course of action
- Provide back-up for Scheduling and Materials to ensure operational continuity
- Monitor and coordinate engineering changes with materials team.
- 5+ years’ experience working in supply chain and/or customer order planning within a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years’ experience with ERP system, SAP a plus.
- Familiarity with supply chain and the following functions within an ERP system: Order Management, Materials Management, and Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling.
- Must have a thorough understanding of manufacturing planning principles, theories, techniques and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems.
- Ability to research solutions and apply advanced planning tools and techniques to resolve business challenges.
- Knowledge of principles for providing effective customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to organize, schedule, budget and coordinate work phases; excellent time management skills.
- Ability to determine the appropriate approach at various program levels and provide effective solutions for complex technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and external customers and be able to accurately document, report and present.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint); proficient experience using internal ERP systems.
- Strong attention to detail, accurate and organized
- Good decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Dependable and reliable
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business or similar related degree is required.
- ISO9001 or other quality system experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and computer inventory systems.
Ability to apply common sense understanding, follow detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to frequently stand, walk, reach, and use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, twist crouch, or crawl, and communicate with co-workers.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Trijicon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and supports workforce diversity. U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency required. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Share this job