- Under moderate supervision from the Assistant Project Manager plans, schedules, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work as part of a major project or as a total project of moderate scope.
- At the direction of the Assistant Project Manager support small projects and/or support Assistant Project Manager with larger projects.
- Support process or development of projects as required.
- With support of the Project Management team drives design timing and project milestones to ensure timing and the overall project plan meets targets.
- Work closely with R&D Engineers to understand project goals and design aspects.
- Works as directed with all levels of the Company to ensure critical milestones are achieved for projects as assigned.
- Communications on a consistent basis with all departments to ensure critical details and milestones are achieved for a seamless product design implementation
- Reports concerns or changes to schedule to Assist Program Manager
- Provides immediate notification of “interruptions” that may affect project timing to Program Management
- Ensure that at each milestone the proper paperwork is complete
- Ensure Engineers complete ISO forms at various stages
- Incorporate ISO paperwork into milestones
- Review for improvements
- Assist purchasing and materials as necessary to support assigned projects
- Find or create new vendor relationships when if required
- Ensure Supplier Quality involvement in milestone process
- Follow up and track R&D related purchases and communicate timing to affected groups
- Support the Assistant Program Manager by assisting in coordinating the launch of products with all departments within Trijicon
- Work with Engineering Supervisors to plan and organize the development phases of the projects
- Investigate potential risks to timelines and drive effective countermeasures to maintain project schedule and budget
- Assist Program Management with resource management and communications on future and current projects
- Assist team members with projects and tasks
- Actively support the Product Development Process and support the Program Manager in coordinating cross-departmental objectives.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of process management
- Understanding of Trijicon procedures and policies
- Ability to recognize and overcome hurdles and provide alternate avenues for project procurement
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the Company to achieve program targets
- Ability to provide excellent written and oral presentations and briefs
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Dependable, reliable and honest
- Knowledge of Trijicon products and their applications a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Valid US Passport a plus
- Three or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment, or skill-set based.
- Three years of Project leading experience
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies as required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding, follow detailed and involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to frequently stand, walk, and reach. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and communicate with co-workers and guests.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Trijicon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and supports workforce diversity. U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency required. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.