Machine Operator 2nd shift
Posted 3 months ago
Machine Operator 2nd shift
- Efficiently operate CNC lathes and mills.
- Load and unload parts according to work instructions.
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings for product dimensions and tolerances.
- Required to input production data into computer using SAP and SharePoint.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Monitor machine fluid levels including concentration of coolant, oil level, to determine when additional fluid is needed.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to identify machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Must be willing to perform but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, and all bench operations.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department Supervisor, Team Lead, or Department Manager.
- Maintain SDS check sheets
- Perform checks using methods such as Portable CMM, hard gaging (using micrometers, bore gages and the like).
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills is a must
- Knowledge of CNC Lathe/Mill.
- Understanding of cutting tools and ability to identify proper tool when tool changes are required.
- Knowledge and experience of machining tight tolerance parts is beneficial.
- Attention to detail in regards to part quality and non-conformance issues
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills.
- GD&T knowledge is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of CNC machine operation experience
Ability to apply common sense understanding, follow detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to frequently stand, walk, and reach. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, twist crouch, or crawl, and communicate with co-workers and guests.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Trijicon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and supports workforce diversity. U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency required. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Share this job