Firearms Instructor & Range Officer
Posted 1 year ago
Firearms Instructor & Range Officer
Every Vortex product that leaves our door is covered by our Very Important Promise Warranty. The Vortex VIP Warranty simply means, if you ever have a concern, issue or want to order a Vortex product, you will be met with a customer experience that will exceed all expectations! Our promise is unlimited, unconditional and lasts a lifetime. Whether your Vortex role is in Sales, Customer Service, IT, Marketing, Finance, NPD or Operations, every day starts with supporting that promise and PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!
Vortex is searching for an experienced, professional firearms & tactics instructor to help manage the day to day operations of our shooting range and training facility. If this person sounds like you and you would like to work in a fun and challenging environment, then we would like to talk to you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and conduct firearms and tactical trainings for Vortex Edge, a new training division of Vortex Optics, where you will work closely with law enforcement, military personnel, private citizens, Vortex employees, hunters, competitive shooters and dealers.
- Teach a broad range of pistol, rifle, self-defense, and related firearms and tactical training courses.
- Assist in scheduling and range maintenance.
- Help plan and run competitive shooting events and matches.
- Work with Vortex customers to assist with technical issues.
- Assist in product testing and development.
- Assist in product demonstrations and sales.
- Train other employees on range use and safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for shooting & instructing.
- Prior experience as firearms or tactical instructor.
- Ability to shoot multiple firearms platforms, in front of others, on demand.
- Ability to handle firearms safely.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- A passion for teaching and the ability to convey complicated information to students of varying experience levels.
- Broad knowledge of firearms and related equipment (i.e. lights, holsters, night vision, etc).
- Willing to learn new skills and a drive to constantly improve teaching and shooting abilities.
- Willing to travel to trainings and events.
- Willing to work weekends and evenings on occasion to conduct trainings.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Prior military special operations or law enforcement SWAT experience.
- Competitive shooting experience.
- The job of a firearms instructor can be physically demanding to include running, climbing and crawling. You will also be carrying targets and range props and spending long periods of time on your feet. Instructors will at times have to work in inclement weather, hot and cold temperatures.
When you join Team Vortex, you’ll enjoy:
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k), life insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Various onsite amenities including a fitness center, a nature preserve with walking trails and dog friendly work areas
- Neighboring daycare facility
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Employee discounts on industry leading products
What’s it like to join Team Vortex?
From the production floor to the repair room, from consumer sales to new product development, we’re a growing team of makers and doers, working together to give our customers an experience they’ll never forget. Our employees thrive in situations that require demonstrating our core values:
- About You
- Customer is King
- Willingness to Shovel Snow
- Be the Buffalo
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
*This is a full-time, onsite position based in Barneveld, WI
Share this job