Every Vortex product that leaves our door is covered by our Very Important Promise (VIP) Warranty. The Vortex VIP Warranty simply means, if you ever have a concern, issue or want to order a Vortex product, you will be met with a customer experience that will exceed all expectations! Our promise is unlimited, unconditional and lasts a lifetime. Whether your Vortex role is in Sales, Customer Service, IT, Marketing, Finance, NPD or Operations, every day starts with supporting that promise and PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!
We are looking for an innovative and safety-conscious individual to join our Facilities team. As a Safety Coordinator, you will be responsible for monitoring the working conditions at Vortex to ensure that all activity is compliant with state and federal safety regulations. This role will also be involved in enforcing company health and safety guidelines, inspecting workspaces and products to ensure they are up to safety standards, and providing workplace safety training.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Train employees in safety procedures
- Work with Vortex’s insurance company and their associates
- Design methods for appraising safety conditions in warehouse, manufacturing, or offices
- Inspect working conditions to ensure all products and activities are compliant with safety guidelines
- Oversee use of dangerous chemicals and machinery
- Create reports detailing inspection process
- Suggest revisions to production methods and employee activity that does not meet health and safety codes
- Recall defective and unsafe products and machinery
- Order safety gear and supplies for workplace
- Stay up to date on new state and federal health and safety regulations
- Run emergency drills to gauge employee readiness
- Consult with company manager regarding the implementation of new safety procedures
- Address any workplace-related health issues and accidents
- Work with legal department to address any health and safety-related lawsuits
- Write and revise company safety handbook
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Safety Management, or related field is required. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 30-hour OHSA certification is required.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of state and federal safety guidelines for the workplace
- Exhibits knowledge of appropriate emergency protocols and legal repercussions of workplace accidents
- Ability to read and interpret dense legal and federal OHSA documents
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, familiarity with machinery and products
- Possesses strong leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
When you join Team Vortex, you’ll enjoy:
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k), life insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Various onsite amenities including a fitness center, a nature preserve with walking trails and dog friendly work areas
- Neighboring daycare facility
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Employee discounts on industry leading products
What’s it like to join Team Vortex?
From the production floor to the repair room, from consumer sales to new product development, we’re a growing team of makers and doers, working together to give our customers an experience they’ll never forget. Our employees thrive in situations that require demonstrating our core values:
- About You
- Customer Is King
- Willingness to Shovel Snow
- Be the Buffalo
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
*This job is based in Barneveld, WI
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.