Embedded Systems Engineer
Posted 4 months ago
Embedded Systems Engineer
We are looking for a talented individual who will be responsible for developing PCB and electrical components that integrate with our mechanical and software platforms. You will be working with our project managers & engineers to develop electronic solutions that integrate with our products. We are looking for an individual that has a strong background in electrical engineering and a reasonable understanding of software development fundamentals, coupled with a desire to develop new and innovative products in a collaborative environment.
*This is a full-time, onsite position in Barneveld, WI (approximately 30 miles from Madison, WI). Relocation assistance is available.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Electrical circuit design and development
- Develop and define product architecture(s)
- Lay out PCBs and develop electrical schematics
- Electrical circuit verification
- Perform module and system-level verification to confirm the product’s operation against specifications
- Develop and improve device communication protocols
- Program communication to various display technologies (LCD, micro-displays, etc)
- Program embedded systems in C/C++
- Design parts and products for achievement of project goals, ease of manufacturing, reduced cost, and use of common parts
- Prototype electronic parts and PCB’s
- Develop embedded solutions for testing, prototyping, and product release.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related degree
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience
- CAD design experience (Altium, Solidworks PCB, OrCAD, KiCad, EAGLE, etc.)
- Experience with software development using embedded C/C++ including use of chip-vendor APIs
- Experience with PWM
- Experience with ARM, MSP430, PIC or similar microcontrollers
- Experience developing software using embedded frameworks and SDKs
- Experience incorporating Bluetooth / Wireless communication into PCB designs
- Experience with communication protocols including USB, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, etc.
- Familiarity with Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DMMs, etc.
- Electrical Testing (EMC, etc) & experience with obtaining electrical regulatory approvals (CE, UL)
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Programming with ASIC and FPGA’s
- Algorithm development and refinement
When you join Team Vortex, you’ll enjoy:
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k), life insurance, identity protection, short- and long-term disability
- Various onsite amenities including a fitness center, a nature preserve with walking trails and dog friendly work areas
- Neighboring daycare facility
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Employee discounts on industry leading products
What’s it like to join Team Vortex?
From the production floor to the repair room, from consumer sales to new product development, we’re a growing team of makers and doers, working together to give our customers an experience they’ll never forget. Our employees thrive in situations that require demonstrating our core values:
- About You
- Customer is King
- Willingness to Shovel Snow
- Be the Buffalo
Every Vortex product that leaves our door is covered by our Very Important Promise (VIP) Warranty. The Vortex VIP Warranty simply means, if you ever have a concern, issue or want to order a Vortex product, you will be met with a customer experience that will exceed all expectations! Our promise is unlimited, unconditional and lasts a lifetime. Whether your Vortex role is in Sales, Customer Service, IT, Marketing, Finance, NPD or Operations, every day starts with supporting that promise and PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Share this job