Every Vortex product that leaves our door is covered by our Very Important Promise (VIP) Warranty. The Vortex VIP Warranty simply means, if you ever have a concern, issue, or want to order a Vortex product, you will be met with a customer experience that will exceed all expectations! Our promise is unlimited, unconditional and lasts a lifetime. Whether your Vortex role is in Sales, Customer Service, IT, Marketing, Finance, NPD or Operations, every day starts with supporting that promise and PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the Accounting Department. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the accounting, accounts payable and technical accounting teams. The Accounting Controller will ensure financial accuracy in accordance with GAAP and other regulatory bodies. In order to be successful in this job, the candidate will need to have a strong technical backbone, have in-depth experience with ERP/system implementations, understand internal controls and business processes as well as possess strong leadership and team development skills. We are looking for someone who loves to find win/win opportunities for our internal/external customers and has a passion for helping grow Vortex Nation!
What You Will Be Doing
- Determine accounting implications for material business decisions
- Coordinate and manage the monthly and annual financial close process including financial statement management and presentation
- Review and ensure accuracy of all account reconciliations and financial postings
- Management of year-end deliverables to third parties
- Oversee opening and closing of financial periods
- Provide quarterly reporting to the bank
- Provide monthly reporting to external tax team
- Oversight and continuous development of general accounting, the accounts payable team and the technical accounting/research team
- Manage financial workflows and accounting procedures that promote accuracy and speed without compromise to customers
- Responsible for compliance with GAAP and regulatory bodies to ensure long-term flexibility while maintaining competitive edge for the organization and our customers
- Play an integral role in supporting our business systems and/or ERP Platform(s)
- Reinforcement of company mission, vision, values, and culture to direct teams and across peer-group
- Evaluate and find opportunities to improve current process, resources and systems
- Lead accounting team in ERP or other large-scale system implementations
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in accounting/finance
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Excellent project management skills; ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and administrative skills
- Possess a high degree of initiative and motivation; a willingness to help fellow Vortex departments and customers
- Experience with ERP or system implementations
- Strong understanding of business processes and internal controls
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
When you join Team Vortex, you will enjoy:
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k), life insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Various onsite amenities including a fitness center, a nature preserve with walking trails and dog friendly work areas
- Neighboring daycare facility
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Employee discounts on industry leading products
- Many more excellent benefits and employee perks
What is it like to join Team Vortex?
From the production floor to the repair room, from consumer sales to new product development, we are a growing team of makers and doers, working together to give our customers an experience they’ll never forget. Our employees thrive in situations that require demonstrating our core values:
- Customer is King
- Willingness to Shovel Snow\
- Long-Term Thinking
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
**This job is based in Barneveld, WI.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.