Posted 1 month ago
Every Vortex product that leaves our door is covered by our Very Important Promise (VIP) Warranty. The Vortex VIP Warranty simply means, if you ever have a concern, issue, or want to order a Vortex product, you will be met with a customer experience that will exceed all expectations! Our promise is unlimited, unconditional and lasts a lifetime. Whether your Vortex role is in Sales, Customer Service, IT, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, NPD or Operations, every day starts with supporting that promise and PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the Accounting Department. In this role, you will be responsible for managing various corporate accounting processes and play a central role in the Company’s compliance with new and existing accounting rules and regulations. The Accounting Controller will be the company historian ensuring all financial transactions are properly recorded! While adhering to GAAP and regulatory guidelines are a must for us, we are also looking for someone who can see beyond the codification and understands the practicality of a business. Candidates should be able to not only understand the ‘letter of the law’ but also ensure the impacts to the business are limited in the process!
What You will Be Doing
- Determine accounting implications for material business decisions
- Coordinate and manage the monthly and annual financial close process including financial statement management and presentation
- Review and ensure accuracy of all account reconciliations and financial postings
- Management of year-end deliverables to third parties
- Oversee opening and closing of financial periods
- Provide quarterly reporting to the bank
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of all State tax filings, including sales and use tax
- Oversight and continuous development of general accounting, the accounts payable team and the technical accounting/research team
- Manage financial workflows and accounting procedures that promote accuracy and speed without compromise to customers
- Responsible for compliance with GAAP and regulatory bodies to ensure long-term flexibility while maintaining competitive edge for the organization and our customers
- Play an integral role in supporting and building out business systems and future ERP platform
- Reinforcement of company mission, vision, values, and culture to direct teams and across peer-group
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- CPA preferred
- Excellent project management skills; ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and administrative skills.
- Possess a high degree of initiative and motivation; a willingness to help fellow Vortex departments and customers.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- SAP experience preferred.
When you join Team Vortex, you will enjoy:
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k), life insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Various onsite amenities including a fitness center, a nature preserve with walking trails and dog friendly work areas
- Neighboring daycare facility
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Employee discounts on industry leading products
What is it like to join Team Vortex?
From the production floor to the repair room, from consumer sales to new product development, we are a growing team of makers and doers, working together to give our customers an experience they’ll never forget. Our employees thrive in situations that require demonstrating our core values:
- About You
- Customer is King
- Willingness to Shovel Snow
- Be the Buffalo
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
*This is a full-time, onsite position located in Barneveld, WI (approximately 30 miles from Madison, WI) with relocation assistance available
Share this job