Every Vortex product that leaves our door is covered by our Very Important Promise (VIP) Warranty. The Vortex VIP Warranty simply means, if you ever have a concern, issue or want to order a Vortex product, you will be met with a customer experience that will exceed all expectations! Our promise is unlimited, unconditional and lasts a lifetime. Whether your Vortex role is in Sales, Customer Service, IT, Marketing, Finance, NPD or Operations, every day starts with supporting that promise and PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!
Vortex Optics is looking for a creative, ambitious and well-rounded individual to support the development of our growing Optics division. As an Industrial Designer, you’ll partner with a diverse, cross-functional team spanning from Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to drive the look and execution of the long-term brand strategy of Vortex’s Optics lines. The ideal candidate will leverage their creative and mechanical mindset with strong communication skills to help our customer focused organization develop the most advanced, highest quality and most exciting optics equipment in the industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist in chosen direction for conceptualization and development of new products. Plans, establishes, and manages a variety of tasks including research, concept production, model making, and presentation in the aesthetic and functional design of products.
- Enhance consumer appeal of product by contributing to or establishing the aesthetic and functionality of products.
- Listen to the voice of customer while utilizing market research and intuition to create products that are best suited for customer adoption.
- Maintain strong product knowledge across all products in the Optics segment.
- Proposes design concepts by researching and preparing 2-D and 3-D models.
- Formulates specifications by preparing dimensional, material, and finish criteria necessary to support industrial design intent. Specifications developed in conjunction with marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and outside vendors under the supervision of staff and/or senior designers as well as design management.
- Creates product Artwork by working directly with engineering to design and implement new artwork or revise existing artwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design
- 3-5 years of design experience
- Proficient in 3D modeling
- Proficient in Solidworks
- Strong sketching and graphic communication skills, digitally or by hand
- Creative and technical skills to provide visual communication of concepts
- Strong understanding of mechanics and various manufacturing processes
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to achieve results while managing multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Good understanding of human factors and user experience
- Good understanding of working with foreign manufactures
- Strong model making and prototyping ability and general shop knowledge
- Experience working with or developing soft goods a plus
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experienced with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Keyshot
- Familiarity with standard manufacturing processes, concepts, practices and procedures in CNC machining and injection molding
When you join Team Vortex, you’ll enjoy:
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k), life insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Various onsite amenities including a fitness center, a nature preserve with walking trails and dog friendly work areas
- Neighboring daycare facility
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Employee discounts on industry leading products
What’s it like to join Team Vortex?
From the production floor to the repair room, from consumer sales to new product development, we’re a growing team of makers and doers, working together to give our customers an experience they’ll never forget. Our employees thrive in situations that require demonstrating our core values:
- About You
- Customer is King
- Willingness to Shovel Snow
- Be the Buffalo
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
*This is a full-time, onsite position in Barneveld, WI (~30 miles from Madison, WI)
A portfolio, cover letter and resume are required when submitting an application.
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.