Senior Creative CopywriterApply on Website
Posted 14 days ago
Senior Creative Copywriter
Are you passionate about words, hunting, shooting, and the outdoors? Do you live for creative problem solving and collaboration? If that brings a smile to your face, there’s a place for you on our growing team! Starting on day one, make a difference on a team where your voice matters, the creative freedom to grow professionally while taking on challenging, diverse projects in apparel, optics, and whatever comes next. Bring your unique point of view and help create experiences our customers will never forget.
Vortex is looking for a lead copywriter to connect with our customers and represent the voice of Vortex Nation! Write headlines that inspire, engage, and push the brand forward. Create a variety of content that is relatable, easy to understand, and serves our customer’s needs. Contribute on a team to develop marketing strategies and launch exciting new products.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Bring the customer’s voice to life through engaging content, consistently looking for new ways to reach Vortex Nation
- Ensure copy is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone across platforms, while being clear, concise, and grammatically correct
- Generate concepts and copy for a wide range of disciplines from experiential to branding, narrative writing, ad copy, and beyond
- Create innovative and descriptive copy for a variety of mediums, including catalog and web, marketing campaigns, advertisements, emails, brand narratives, sales collateral, and packaging in support of Vortex’s marketing strategies and objectives
- Manage and write for the Vortex blog on a consistent basis, while tracking and evaluating effectiveness, and coordinating supplemental materials and guest writers
- Write and edit press releases for new product launches, announcements, etc.
- Lead apparel description copy and product naming
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Analyze media coverage and industry trends to assist in the development of story/pitch ideas
- Propose copy concepts and underlying strategic thinking to stakeholders
- Customize content for optimal performance on specific platforms and channels
- Collaborate and coordinate with team members to turn technical knowledge into content and spot new content opportunities
- Familiarize yourself with the product, target audience, and competitor activities in the market
- Maintain copy style guide and brand personas
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience in marketing or communications
- 3-5 years of experience writing product and editorial copy, research and interviewing skills; experience with customer focused consumer brands is a plus
- Knowledge/interest in shooting sports, hunting, and the outdoor industry
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort working at a fast-pace, ability to manage multiple projects at once, and a strong sense of urgency and responsibility
- Expertise with proper spelling, grammar, punctuation
- A portfolio with examples of your writing is a must for this position
- Demonstrated ability to write in Vortex Nations voice; copy test required
When you join Team Vortex, you’ll enjoy:
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k), life insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Various onsite amenities including a fitness center, a nature preserve with walking trails and dog friendly work areas
- Neighboring daycare facility
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Employee discounts on industry leading products
What’s it like to join Team Vortex?
From the production floor to the repair room, from consumer sales to new product development, we’re a growing team of makers and doers, working together to give our customers an experience they’ll never forget. Our employees thrive in situations that require demonstrating our core values:
- About You
- Customer is King
- Willingness to Shovel Snow
- Be the Buffalo
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
*This job is based in Barneveld, WI (~30 miles from Madison, WI) with relocation assistance available. We will consider candidates looking to work remotely.
Apply on Website
Share this job