Posted 1 month ago
Vortex Optics is looking for a UX Designer that is passionate about technology, the user experience and Creating A Rare Experience across our digital products. If you want to play an integral part in taking our digital products to the next level, we'd love to have you apply!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Partner with digital product managers, developers, marketing leads, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a web or mobile product from conception to launch. This Includes conducting customer, competitor and user research, creating conceptual design, operational/flow design, wireframes, and interactive design.
- Assist in creating user journeys and stories in simple and efficient designs that excite our customers and make the product intuitive and easy to use.
- Develop and provide successful strategic and tactical design recommendations based on technical feasibility, usability findings, industry standards and business/project requirements.
- Analyze, apply and advocate based on customer insights (user data, analytics, and requirements, etc.) to inform and shape user experiences through the entire suite of products.
- Work collaboratively with visual designers to ideate new concepts that meet the needs of both users and the business while stretching our creativity.
- Work with the development team(s) to ensure technical needs are satisfied while maintaining a strong focus on the user experience.
- Perform user testing, A/B testing, and benchmark products to ensure development is addressing real user needs and delivering continuous improvements.
- Help estimate UX needs on a project and program basis and create UX documentation for website and mobile website
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Design, or the equivalent professional experience.
- 3-years of hands-on experience in a UX related field
- Background in information design, interaction design, visual design, or similar
- Strong understanding of design and technical expertise including HTML
- A comprehensive portfolio of work that highlights your mastery of design thinking
- Expert understanding of the principles of design, information flow, and accessibility
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Figma, InVision, etc.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Thorough product design experience paired with passion for design thinking
- UX Design Certification or degree preferred, e.g. Springboard, DesignLab, etc.
- Critical thinking skills that allow for creative problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in fast-paced agile product development environments
- Experience delivering consumer grade digital products
When you join Team Vortex, you’ll enjoy:
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k), life insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Various onsite amenities including a fitness center, a nature preserve with walking trails and dog friendly work areas
- Neighboring daycare facility
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Employee discounts on industry leading products
What’s it like to join Team Vortex?
From the production floor to the repair room, from consumer sales to new product development, we’re a growing team of makers and doers, working together to give our customers an experience they’ll never forget. Our employees thrive in situations that require demonstrating our core values:
- About You
- Customer is King
- Willingness to Shovel Snow
- Be the Buffalo
Every Vortex product that leaves our door is covered by our Very Important Promise (VIP) Warranty. The Vortex VIP Warranty simply means, if you ever have a concern, issue or want to order a Vortex product, you will be met with a customer experience that will exceed all expectations! Our promise is unlimited, unconditional and lasts a lifetime. Whether your Vortex role is in Sales, Customer Service, IT, Marketing, Finance, NPD or Operations, every day starts with supporting that promise and PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
*This job is a full-time position located in Barneveld, Wisconsin. Relocation assistance is available.
Share this job