Would you like to work in an industry-leading sporting goods/firearms company to help introduce new products? We are seeking an Associate Product Manager to expand our R&D – concept through sales. If you have the mindset to help conceive, develop, launch and measure success of new products, then we should talk. This position has cross-functional responsibilities and will support and coordinate product activities with multiple departments that include research and development, engineering, operations, sales, and marketing. You’ll learn the ropes and contribute through direct support to the Director of Product Management.
· Manage project details through the ‘product roadmap’ processes.
· Provide pricing data through competitive and market assessments.
· Support new product proposals and business case development.
· Define the BOMs and pricing for new products.
· Forecast sales and help to create content with marketing and sales.
· Evaluate product performance per ROI objectives.
· Maintain accurate cost and pricing records in database (NetSuite).
· Communicate status to all related stakeholders and follow up on deliverables.
· Excel at managing relationships with internal and external customers.
Requirements (as many of the following as possible)
· Bachelor’s degree in business field, or comparable life experience.
· 2-3 years’ in a ‘hard product’ manufacturing business.
· Exceptional analytical skills and use of support tools, e.g., Excel and Office.
· Involvement in some aspect of new product development is very valuable.
· Manage multiple efforts through structured project management, with tools such as Jira or Trello.
· Hand-on experience with web technologies.
· Written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
· Passion for sporting goods/firearms a ‘plus’.
· A sense of humor!
Interested in this position? Apply now and mention that Gunjobs.com sent you.